Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Quest


The Quest
Herald G. Phelps

Sometimes we wonder
Where happiness lies.
Is it found on the ocean
Beneath the blue skies...
Or is it, I ask you,
In travel and fame...
In love everlasting,
Or in a great name?
We search for it,
Yearn for it
Year after year,
And come back to find it
Awaiting us here...
In the warm clasp of friendship,
The light of a smile...
The cheer of a comrade
Which brightens each mile.
Though riches may lure us,
And travel may call...
In the light of our fireside
We're finding it all.

3 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Maple Leaf Red said...

LOVE IT!!!

MAPLE LEAF RED

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Poem. It is used here in a similar vein but different context:

http://morningramble.blogspot.com/2008/07/quest.html

Le Bug

 
At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good. It is just how I feel about Becky, she is my happiness, my light. My happiest times are those spent with her.

I think everyone has a similar quest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home